21 September 2009

Recap

I returned to Germany on Saturday night, after a longish and tiring trip home.

My trip to Africa was very adventurous. The first week I spent at a University of the Nations conference, which is the educational side of YWAM. It was fun just to meet new people from all over the place (as per the YWAM usual...) and help Gabe as he was responsible for the event photography. The second week Gabe and I joined a group of DTS students that traveled into the African desert to meet Bedouin people, and work on their arts. In all there were 48 of us from the Music DTS that is just beginning their outreach, and the photo an fine art DTS students, who only spent about a day in Germany before they flew to Africa for this trip! We were able to see God's provision, protection and guidance throughout the hot and hectic week!

It was an exciting week for me personally, as Gabe and I got engaged! I realize that I haven't told many the story of how we met last fall, so read on to hear more about us :-)

Gabe and I met last fall during our Discipleship Training school(DTS), and I very quickly realized that he was the best friend I could ask for, and someone I didn't want to live my life without. We enjoy spending time together, share many things in common, and also have areas that we add to the others life. (For more details about his first impressions of me, or the "fog" story about how God confirmed to Gabe that I was the one for him! we'll have to get Gabe to tell...) During a DTS students are not allowed to begin dating relationships (and for good reason) so Gabe and I spent the fall getting to know one another better and focused on our personal relationships with God. The three month outreach was a challenge, but when I returned to the castle in Germany, the first person I got a huge hug from was Gabe :-) Needless to say, we officially began our dating relationship as soon as the leadership gave us the "okay!"

So, this last week, while we were touring in the Egyptian desert with a group of DTS students, Gabe asked me to marry him, and of course my answer was, "Yes!"
We were laying in the sand looking at the Milky Way (and making sure that the scorpions didn't get our toes!) when he told me how much he loves me. That he loves me when I am all gross and Outreach-ified, and when I am clean and sniffy. That he loves me when I am happy and laughing and when I am grumpy or pouting. The list goes on :-) SO! We are very excited and busily working at the things that are before us! I love you all tons!

2 comments:

E said...

Congrats Libby! That's so exciting!!!

Alia Holland said...

Congratulations Libby! He sounds perfect for you, and you for him. Take care...bless up!