I arrived back in Herrnhut on Sunday afternoon, and am in the process of getting as settled as I can. I feel rather like a nomad, as I leave again on Saturday for a few weeks, and am not sure where I will be living when I get back. It's good to be here, but I'll be more comfortable when I have a home and can really move in.
I arrived just in time for massive castle cleaning, which as many of you know, makes me feel right at home. One problem with community living is that nobody takes responsibility for the general space, so the good old tragedy of the commons means that everything gets trashed! I spent a few hours this morning just tidying at my flat, and then when I got to the castle to use the internet I found that our base leader had just called out the students and staff for what a mess the castle was. It's a lot of work to keep this place clean, but very much worth it to not live and work in a sty.
I officially get to work tomorrow with some training for the "school back office" team that I will be working with. It should be a busy week before Gabe and I train back up to Berlin to catch our flight to Egypt on Saturday. I'll be there for two weeks and am anticipating some interesting adventures :-)
I hope to post some more pictures of what life in Herrnhut, aka "the Hut" looks like, so keep an eye out for the facebook album. Hugs!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment