04 January 2009

I'm Leaving on a Jet Plane...

...but only after a good long day of riding trains.

It's been snowing huge fluffy flakes all day. It makes the world soft and quiet (the squeak underfoot is most satisfying,) but tomorrow I'll be transported to a different world.

I am sick of goodbyes. Everyone's gone, or getting ready to leave, and it makes you a little lonely inside. It doesn't help that we are all functioning on too little sleep, and we're trying to figure out how to fit what we really need in our packs. I packed yesterday--it's amazing how little I really need.

In case you can't tell, I am excited for my turn to leave. This is going to be an awesome adventure, and I am excited to come back to Germany in just a few short weeks (10 weeks really isn't that long...) and hear about what all my friends have done, and have stories of my own to share. Isn't life wonderful?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet Libs,

It's interesting to think that you will up and at em in another hour from now (5 am your time) I am also happy that you get your turn to depart. For years (at your age) I also seemed to be the one standing on the curb waving good-bye . . . and I also hated it. Via con Dios and fare the well! Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Love always,

Your devoted father

Bethany said...

Blessings on your journey!