Tomorrow marks the end of the second week back at work at the Castle in Herrnhut. At the end of our time in the states Gabe and I were both feeling aimless and somewhat bored, and actually itching to get to work, but the transition back after two months off could still use a bit of motivation :-) The hard part for me is wanting to get out of bed every morning: it's dark and cold, and I don't want to get out of my warm bed to walk through the ice slick to work. However, back to work we are!
We came back at the beginning of a new Photo & Worship DTS--the students we had met and were living with in the Fall having just embarked on their 10 week outreaches. This new group is a fun one, but I've really only met the few that Gabe and I are living with. We are (until this weekend) living in a base apartment with 6 of the male students. They are quite the multinational group: 2 Americans, 1 German, 1 Indian, 1 Mauritian, and 1 Kenyan. They are fun, and living with them hasn't been bad (Not even as the only female!) But I am very much looking forward to some space of our own.
We'll move on Saturday just down the street to a small apartment that we will be sub-letting from another base couple who are away for a while. It's nice, and only includes the quirks of no heat in the bedroom in our freezing clime, and that the bathroom and kitchen are in the same room. I'm excited!
I'll post pictures when we're in :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I would love to see that bathroom/kitchen! That just seems...impossible! Glad you guys arrived safely and are enjoying your time.
Post a Comment